Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Crazy Aunt and Phone Calling Pesterers.

My aunt is a nightmare to telemarketers.

I recently overheard a conversation as such.

Telemarketer (T) : Hello.

Aunt (A) : *in chinese* Hello.

T: Are you *insert aunt's name*?

A: *still in chinese. note: she used chinese throughout* Yes.

T: *looks at list of 3000 names* Congratulations! You are one of the 30 people who have been picked to win our prize! Come down to our office for more details!

A: Really? That's great! Could you speak in Chinese? I can only understand a little English.

T: Er... ok. May I know what's your occupation?

A: I drive a taxi! Do you need a ride? I can do passenger pick ups. I can charge you slightly cheaper as well. *She's lying by the way*

T: *slightly shocked, was expecting someone who did something else* Err. I think I got the wrong person. I'm actually looking for a *insert next name on the list*.

A: Oh I'm that person as well! You said I won a prize! What is it?

T: Err. Sorry wrong number. *proceeds to throw down the phone and blame his luck.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails