Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Evil NUS

Was trying to order an academic dress and came upon this interesting dilemia posed by NUS.

To buy or not to buy. That is THE question.

The choices are:











Buy

Rent
$45
$30 + $30 deposit. In addition, second hand dress. And you have to return it unharmed to get your deposit, and the deposit will only be mailed to you after 60 days.

So now you have the question. Do I want a $45 piece of cloth that I can use as a curtain or at best a table cloth? Or do I go throught the immense trouble or renting one.

As I said, NUS is subtle about it, but they are definately pushing people to just save the trouble and buy the dress.

Then there is also the temptation to get a really big dress so I can hide a unicycle underneath it just so I can ride on stage...

Comments on any used academic dresses (which I will return after errmmm some time)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buy the dress and use it for your operation PacMan when you're done with it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails