Wednesday, May 17, 2006

On behalf of a friend

Hi everyone,
I hope everyone's doing well. This mail is long but very important (for not only me). Please read it carefully and help support me at http://www.supportsid.com/ .

As some of you know I had planned to ride down India for charity(Oxfam) last year. Unfortunately, I hurt my leg and I had to let it go for the time being. You guys probably know too that I am currently in Australia doing a course in Sports & Outdoor Rec. With all these qualifications I plan to do various trips involving climbing, trekking and of course, unicycling for various humanitarian, environmental and peace projects.

The Pole to Pole Leadership Institute is an organization that aims to empower the youth of today by involving themselves in various projects (humanitarian and environamental) and epic adventures. In 2000, they picked a few people from around the globe and this team travelled from the North to the South Pole. Now its time for another journey. The Institute is selecting paritipants for the first ever human powered pole to pole crossing. They will start at the South Pole this November and will ski, walk, cycle, sail and kayak all the way to the North Pole. Along the way they will be involved in various environmental and humanitarian projects. As you can see, this journey is exactly what I want to do. Furthermore, to do what I want to do requires a lot of support (especially financial) since a lot of my future projects need a lot of cash and I of course, need people to donate to my causes. Building up my credentials will take a lot of time. But if I do get selected for the Pole to Pole expedition, apart from fulfilling my dreams of skiing to the poles, I will also be left with a solid foundation and support base to continue with my work- adventure challenges for a good cause. Hence, it is imperative I get selected.

One of my goals is to unicycle from Delhi in India to Lahore in Pakistan for peace. As some of you may know these two countries are constantly fighting. They have already fought three wars and are now nuclear armed. This effects everybody. Their battleground is Kashmir, one of the both beautiful places on earth. Hence, this fighting must be stopped. But to accomplish this journey I need permission from both governments. By doing the Pole to Pole expedition I will have the support of many people. Hence, together we can exert pressure on both governments to stop fighting. And will ride between these two historical cities for peace. Of course, in the future I will do many more projects for peace and other humantarian and enviromental causes. In fact, in the future I will be doing a few projects in Singapore too. This ride will also be promoting unicycling as a sport and that effects you too.

So, what can you do? I have a website http://www.supportsid.com/ . All you need to do is to click on the "students support" button and enter your details. It takes 30 seconds.By signing up you are voicing your support for me.Once I am selected for the Pole to Pole training camp in Canada, I will take the names of all the people who have supported me and show them how much support I will bring along with me. Hence, please support me. It takes 30 seconds.

What more can you do? Please spread the word. The Pole to Pole expedition effects many countries and my future plans do too. This effects everybody. Also my goals are to promote the sport of unicycling.When I ride, I won't be wearing a clown's suit..Hence, this effects you in more ways than one.Hence, please sign up and get yoyr friends and classmates to do so. This signup thing is mostly for students but young adults may also sign.

One of the requirements of the Pole to Pole application is to raise cash. I cannot ask students to give me cash. That's why I've created the student signup. The minimum donation is 25US$. I would be very grateful if any of you working guys made a donation. You need to go here https://secure2.convio.net/ptp/site/Donation?ACTION=SHOW_DONATION_OPTIONS&CAMPAIGN_ID=1022&PROXY_ID=1017542&PROXY_TYPE=20&FR_ID=1030
This will mean you become an official part of my support team. If you want to donate but don't have that much cash (I know, 25US$ is a lot) you can combine your cash with other poeple with the same intentions and make 1 donation. Every person counts.

Please spread the word and get as many students and young folk to sign up. You can take a look at the Pole to Pole website for more info at http://www.poletopoleleadership.com/site/PageServer?pagename=homepage
If any of you think you might want to be an applicant like me, contact me. I can help you with your application. Thanks.

Btw, great job on the national day event. Fangie invited me too but I won't be able to make it. Anyway I suck at hockey now. Haven't played in ages.The Melbourne guys are more trials and muni. In fact, I'll be going for the Chiltern Muni weekend this week.

Later,
Thanks,
Sid

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails