Thursday, January 03, 2008

Here comes 2008!

New Year's day has come and gone in the blink of an eye.

2007 was a nice year, filled with lots of events. Partings (R.I.P grandma, you'll always be in our hearts) and new friends made.

2007 also brought some really nice movies that I really loved and picking my top 5 of the year 2007 wasn't really easy.

I hereby present my top 5 list of movies for 2007.

Honorable mentions:

I don't want to sleep alone. Thought provoking, obscure, un-understandable. For people who do not like dialog.

Stardust. Neil Gaiman. Has right balance of action, love, and comedy. Book was still better.

5:
Hairspray Genuinely fun movie of the year. I really enjoyed this simply because it was SO fun! Travolta in drag was pretty amusing as well.

4:
Superbad Despite the name and grave reservations, this movie had me laughing from start to finish. Mclovin was a really cool character as well.

3:
Hula Girls I cried while watching this movie and cried again when I watched it the second time. A touching tale of girls who overcome trials and tribulations to do what some people can only dream of.

2:
300 Visceral. Bloody. Violent. God damm good! THIS IS SPARTA!

1:
History Boys Despite this being too intelligent by half for me, this remains the show that I want people to watch. I still have a deep impression of it despite watching it at the start of the year. A strong cast really helps.

Here's to a good year at the movies in 2008!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails