Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Some thoughts

I'll be the first to admit that I have a short attention span. My mind tends to wander around quite a bit, especially in a lesson, of which I have been in for the past 2 days.

So while my mind was skipping around in weird places, you can only expect weird things to pop in my mind like:

Searching techniques.
This was partly the lecturers fault where he asked us to flip to a page in the lecture notes and then asked us how we actually searched for it.

I used binary search, while others used sequential search. It doesn't matter if you know how the searches work, it's pretty intuitive actually. But what's interesting is what does this say about your character?

Would me using a binary search show that I'm more left brained? Lazy? Loathe to waste time?

What about a person who uses a linear search? More right brained? Hardworking, doesn't leave anything to chance? (Which brings to mind, DID ANYONE use random search? Holistic view of searching for something?)

Surnames
The Chinese have their surnames in front while the Westerners have theirs behind? Could you view this as the Chinese placing family above (before?) self? While the Westerners view the individual as very important?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails