Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Oh what fools we mortals be

I've been recently hooked on my DS playing this new game called Suikoden Tierkreis.

It's a pretty fun game, with simple gameplay to bring in the younger crowd. I kind of like Suikoden games cause they tend to have pretty good storylines + the OCD in my can't help but want to collect all 108 heros every time.

So there I was playing. As you can see from the box art, it's for ages 12+, meaning it isn't particularly difficult most of the time. Also, the experience system means you can level your characters pretty fast if they're underleveled. I wasn't having any problems with the game till then, happily progressing the story and gathering charaters. Saving was an unwelcome disruption and a severe jerk from the gaming experience.

Which meant all in all, I hadn't saved in  over 3 hours of game play.

And then I met it.

It, in this case was some gloriously overpowered monster. It knocked out half my party with one blow. I tried to run.

FAIL.

The next blow came and I was dead.

The dreaded words floated on my screen.

GAME OVER.

I wanted to just curl into a ball and cry right there and then.

How cruel the RPG gods can be.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails