Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Even more jokes.

Barry was bragging to his boss, Bernstein, one day, "You know, I know
everyone there is to know. Just name someone, anyone, and I know
them." Tired of his boasting, his boss called his bluff, "OK, Barry
how about Tom Cruise?"

"Sure, yes, Tom and I are old friends, and I
can prove it." Barry and his boss drive out to Hollywood and knock
on Tom Cruise's door, and sure enough, Tom Cruise, shouts, "Barry!
Great to see you! You and your friend come right in and join me for
lunch!"

Although impressed, Barry's boss is still skeptical. After
they leave Cruise's house, he tells Bernstein that he thinks Barry's
knowing Cruise was just lucky. "No, no, just name anyone else,"
Barry says. "President George Bush," his boss quickly retorts.

"Yes," Barry says, "I know him, let's fly out to Washington." And off
they go. At the White House, Bush spots Barry on the tour and motions
him and his boss over, saying, "Barry, what a surprise, I was just
on my way to a meeting, but you and your friend come on in and let's
have a cup of coffee first and catch up." Well, the boss is very
shaken by now, but still not totally convinced. After they leave the
White House grounds, he expresses his doubts to Barry, who again
implores him to name anyone else. "The Pope," his boss replies.

"Sure!" says Barry. "I've known the Pope a long time." So off they fly
to Rome. Barry and his boss are assembled with the masses in Vatican
Square when Barry says, "This will never work. I can't catch the
Pope's eye among all these people. Tell you what, I know all the
guards, so let me just go upstairs and I'll come out on the balcony
with the Pope." And Barry disappears into the crowd headed toward the
Vatican. Sure enough, half an hour later Barry merges with the Pope
on the balcony. But, by the time Barry returns, he finds that his
boss has had a heart attack and is surrounded by paramedics.

Working
his way to his boss's side, Barry asks him, "What happened?" His
boss looks up and says, "I was doing fine until you and the Pope came out on the balcony and the Japanese tourist next to me asked,

"Who's that on the balcony with Barry?"

With the amount of jokes that I'm posting, I think I need to change this blog to a joke blog. Not that this blog issn't much of a joke in the first place.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails