Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Walking on stilts or why you should never do it without knee-pads.

Well went for my regular unicycling session today and there was this lady who brought along her stilts. Actually she was trying to sell it and as such was more then happy to give everyone a try in a sneaky bid (but we all saw it coming =] ) to get us to buy one.

Wasn't cheap either, costing about SDG$60. Anyone interested can contact me I guess, but I'm not getting anything out of it. Anyway, I tried it and it was well, for lack of a better word, weird. Standing on big flat feet for the whole of my life and suddenly being thrusted onto 2 thin and I might add long sticks was weird. A managed to walk around unassisted after awhile though.

Well the part about knee-pads is that you where them to protect yourself should you fall. The proper way as mentioned by the lady was that you should just fall on your knees. Won't hurt a bit, she said. But the thing is you have been conditioned all your life to move your feet faster infront of you should you lose your balance. It works on your feet, but on stilts... Mt friend managed to hurt himself trying to regain balance. It was one of those "should have caught it on tape momments" but as usual no one had a video camera on.

We had a good laugh about it though.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails