Monday, September 27, 2004

Liverpool

Some people will wonder why I support Liverpool. Other then the fact that they are the most sucessful club in English football that is.

Most people, especially ManU and Arsenal fans will point to the fact that Liverpool has not won the EPL for ages and are a club in decline. But that is not why I support Liverpool. In fact I started supporting LFC right when they were down in the dumps. I'm not a glory hunter, I would be supporting Arsenal or ManU if I were.

In a forum that I frequent, TalkLFC.com, they had an interview with a journalist who managed to come up with this:

The "Liverpool Way" is a vague term. How would you define it? Does it still exist? If not, can Rafa instil it in the club once more?

In simple terms, it's pass and move, high quality, passionate football. But it's more than that. Maybe it's better to use examples. It's The Kop applauding Arsenal when they stole the championship in the last minute.
It's opening the Shankly Gates in April, 1989 and allowing the fans to mourn on The Kop. It's holding a Press conference when the manager has resigned, or been sacked. It's being universally respected as the template for everything good about the game. It's ensuring there is always a close relationship between the fans and the club, preserving a 'family' atmosphere.
Does it still exist? I think it's taken a few knocks, but as a principle
it will always remain.


And it kinds of sums up what I feel about LFC. There is also the phrase You'll Never Walk Alone, adopted by LFC in song to represent what we stand for. Telling a person, You'll Never Walk Alone, can be one of the most powerful messages you can send across. Call me sentimental, I don't care. I believe in what I want.

Walk On LFC!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails