Friday, November 03, 2006

Horror movie of the year

Not the dour Grudge 2. Rather it's something much more sinister. It's The Inconvinient Truth, staring Al Gore (who as he so nicely puts it, was the next President of the United States)

But what's so horrifying about a documentary? I mean there are not ghost, no monsters or anything remotely terrifying.

Wrong. It's terrifying because it's real. Seeing the rise of carbon monoxide levels and consequently the tempreature levels is scary. Seeing whole glaciers gone is scary. Seeing the apathy of people is the worst. Seeing the current administration calling him a crazy environmentalist freak is mind blowing.

I couldn't tear my eyes off like in the best horror movies. I watched in rapt attention despite wanting to close my eyes and run away from it all. But I couldn't. It was helped that Al Gore has an obvious stage presence as well as good speaking ability plus he has done the presentation a thousand times at least.

All in all, it's a good watch. It wakes you up. It brings reality to you. It shows you the inconvinient truth.

But can you handle the truth?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails