Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Nintendo's little secret

A friend asked me what DS in the Nintendo DS stands for. I thought it was Dual Screen, but apparently it issn't. In fact no one seems to know. Then it hit me. This was Nintendo's little secret (see what I did there?)

The DS stands for Damms Sony.

The whole handheld is called the Nintendo DS. Put the whole thing in and it starts to make sense. It reads Nintendo Damms Sony!

But wait! There's more. Nintendo then came out with the next handheld called the Nintendo DS lite.

Due to the Japanese propensity for pronouncing the letter "l" as "r" as in instead of

I'm so lonely.


they will say

I'm so ronery.


Thus the lite = light = right.

The Nintendo DS lite thus becomes Nintendo Damms Sony! Right!

It all starts to make sense now. It was a curse by the executives of Nintendo to curse Sony and end their domination!

And thus the DS outsold the PSP, while everyone is lauding the new Wii, the PS3 is looking at very bad reviews.

And now you know.

I just need to go figure out what the Wii stands for now. Or maybe it was just one of the bad days at Nintendo Naming Center.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails