Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Crap! Gotta run. Need to take a dump

It's just sinking in, I'm going to run a marathon in 31 days. This is scary. I haven't actually been training as diligently as I like. It's so boring, just running for hours to an end.

That being said, I did go for a run 2 days back, only to meet the most unfortunate of circumstances. You see, I was faced with a need to take a dump while on a run.

The thing is, it was in the middle of no where, with nary a toilet in sight. So I had to soldier on. Unfortunately, the more I wanted to run, the more I felt I was losing control of my bowels.

And thus a dilemma: Do I run faster so I can get back home to take a dump and risk shitting in my pants? Or do I try to take it slow and try to control my bowels but walk as fast as possible home.

I chose the later option and made it home safe and clean.

On a side note, was reading Terry Pratchet's latest book: Nation, and it gave a rather interesting explanation of my previous predicament. Namely, when you are scared, your first instinct is to run. When running away, you want to be as light as possible, and that means letting go off everything that you don't need, and that includes Merde.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails