Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Linksys Tech Support

My router failed me yesterday and was not able to boot up. So I contacted Linksys's Tech Support for help and they gave me a pretty fustrating time.

The first time I called they asked me to give the router a hard reset which I had already tried doing, but Tech Support Guy (from now on known as TSG) insisted that I try it again.

Surprise! But it did not work. Next he asked me to ping the router which I had also tried, and failed, and he again insisted that I try it.

Guess what? It failed again. He asked me to update the firmware, but I told him that since I could not even ping the router (i.e. no way to connect to the router at all) , I could not update the firmware. He then asked me to download some software to update it.

  1. I don't have internet connection because my router is down. Where the fuck am I supposed to download it from. Luckily I was resourceful enough to go to my neighbour's house to download the stuff.
  2. I already said I can't ping the router! Why make me try all this stuff? Predictably, the software was unable to detect the router as well.
Anyway, TSG gave me a reference number and asked my to try the above before calling again. Since it did not work, I had to call Linksys Tech Support again.

A different TSG picked it up (henceforth known as TSG2). He they proceeded to ask me to do everything that TSG asked me to do. I explained that I've already done it twice! Once by myself and the second time by the first TSG. But to no avail. TSG2 insisted that I try it again, with predictable results.

You just can literaly see that they are going through their list of questions and answers without thinking. FFS, I've already tried this and gotten this result, why not move on to something else instead of asking me to do it over and over again?

At the end of the day, TSG2 admitted that the router was spoilt and asked to bring it down for a 1-to-1 exchange.

It's obviously working since this post is here. But it definately left a bitter taste in my mouth over the way my case was handled.

2 fingers up at Linksys.

1 comment:

Linksys technical support said...

This post is really so informative..thanks a lot for sharing it..Keep on blogging

Linksys technical support

Related Posts with Thumbnails