Wednesday, August 09, 2006

NDP!

Oh well, it's that time of the year once again. 8th of August. National Day. (Also happens to be the birthday of a friend, an aunt [who was born on the exact day Singapore gained independance], and a friend's father)

So Happy birthday to everyone!

For a blog called crazyunicyclist, there issn't a lot about unicycles to my utter embarrasment. :P So this post will talk somewhat about it.

This year was pretty special, we had been asked to be part of the fringe celebrations of this year's NDP. We came up with a tournament that was to be played today. It wasn't bad, but the playing ground was very narrow (5 meters) which called for new playing methods and tactics.

Due to the barriers at the side and narrow playing area, it was now easier to just rebound the ball along the side then try to dribble past a player. Also due to the number of players a turnover was very devastating if there wasn't a defender around. Tough lessons learnt during my first match.

My teams' result

  • Lost the first match (6-1) :(
  • Drew the second (4-4) despite leading 3-0 at one point of time
  • We won the third (6-2) *I think*
  • And lost the last match 5-4

Shout out to my team mates, Darren, Andrew and Ridzuan! Great game we had, despite the pretty disappointing results.

Some highlights from my point of view:

  • UPFD! or unplanned flying dismount when I whacked straight into Jeffery. (sorry!)
  • Doing a Ronaldinho by hitting the crossbar 2 times consecutive and 3 times in total for the whole tournament. (Unfortunately I was trying to score)
  • Having to play the last match to try and win the tournament, which unfortunately, despite leading 2-0, we conspired to lose 5-4.
  • Losing a lost of leads
On the whole a fun day. Sigh, back to work tomorrow though.

Caught a bit of the NDP celebrations proper on TV. Does anyone feel it's like watching a documentary and a self-wank fest rolled into one. Ugh. Think I'm just a wee bit too cynical.

Oiieee.. Who wants to watch movies. Managed to chop Arty-Farty Eugene for "Adam's Apples". I still want to watch Sophie Scholl and the chinese movie that was reviewed in life today (name escapes me for the moment).

When will I be able to have the mercy that I want? Why does her name still make me long for her, despite knowing she was just playing with me?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails