Saturday, August 19, 2006

Thank Fowler It's Friday

Quite an eventful friday it was.



I wanted to catch a 6.40pm show for "Crazy Stone" at Plaza Singapura. Unfortunately a slow deployment for my application meant that I had to do OT and also meant I only finished work at 7pm.

So I had to catch the 9.10pm show instead. And although I bought my tickets at 8pm, I still only managed to get the front row seats. This lead to severe back pains and neck aches.

However I felt it was all worth it, because, Crazy Stone was really a good show, a must watch.

It had a pretty unbelievable plot with twist and turns that made good use of the inane characters and a really good exploration of "cause and effect" all the while having a great sense of humour.

Characters like the Master Theif who can never tell if someone is behind him. The trio of small time theives. The stressed security guard. Everyone mashed into one plot concerning real and fake jade pieces.

I would give it 5 stars but for the undeciperable Shanghainese slang. So 4.5 stars from me. Catch it before it stops showing!

Another good thing was I managed to finally eat at Carl's Junior.

And it was a terrific experience. They really have the best burgers around, much much better then Burger King, which to me is high praise indeed. It was expensive at about $11 a meal, but I'm still feeling the after effects of it now. Indeed some place that I will not hesistate to make a trip to another day.

And I still have IPPT tomorrow morning.. Wish me luck. If I can at least get a pass, then I'll be going to buy my Liverpool Jersey in the afternoon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails