Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The irony and paradox

I was watching TV the other day and it happened to be showing a beauty pagent. One of the contestants, on being asked what her greatest strength was, replied, "Being optimistic."

Okayy..

Then when quized what her worst flaw was, she replied, "Being TOO optimistic."

Oh the irony. If one can actually believe that being too optimistic, when there are so many more deadly flaws, then one really is TOO optimistic. Which also makes it somewhat paradoxical and headbursting.

On a side note, I used to take pride at being able to go unnoticed. Thanks to my sniper camoflague and WUDI ninja training, I go unnoticed for long periods of time. Proud to say, it used to take my teachers 6 months to remember my name.

So imagine my chagrin, when my tutor actually remembered my name! After only 3 months! FFS, I'm losing my touch. Old liaoz.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails