Thursday, March 10, 2005

Time for a rant.

Not been posting for some as I have been rather busy (read lazy). No time to find interesting links as well (read even lazier). So I hereby present a sham of a post to try to keep the interest of my readers (all 1 of them. Raymond you know that's you).

Rant 1:
I was walking happily along one day when I saw this advertisment.

"Singapore's biggest 20" pizza across the road!"

First thing that came to my mind was "Oooo.. Food... Drool!" Then it occured to me that something did not seem right. Biggest 20" pizza.

If it was 20" then that would be the size of it. Something bigger would be 21" for example. So how is it the biggest? Thickest maybe, fatest, or even most extravagant. But definately not biggest. <_<. Advertising for you I guess.

Rant 2:
I was sitting the shuttle bus and it stopped at a.. well bus-stop (DUH!) The doors closed and one guy came running up. The driver, as they are so well versed in doing, promptly ignored him and drove away.

If you thought that was the interesting part, then you have a wierd sense of humour. Instead, I now present to you "THE INTERSETING PART(tm)". I managed to take a look at the person's face and it was very obvious that he just said "Che* B*". That got me thinking again. (Yes, I know, bad habit) Why was it that I knew what he was saying when I did not manage to hear it? Why is it that everytime a footballer (*cough*Joe*cough*Cole*cough*) utters a vulgarity on TV, everyone knows what it is?

Thesis time anybody?

Rant 3:
Channel U is showing all sorts of wierd stuff after they were taken over by Mediacorp. It so happens they show Bruce Lee shows on Friday around midnight. Being a night owl, I tend to catch a lot of these shows.

So I was sitting there and watching Bruce Lee get into a fight. Considering it's a Bruce Lee show, that was about every 5 minutes. And I thought to myself, "Wah, very Lee Xiao Long (aka Bruce Lee) leh!" Then it hit me, this was Bruce Lee, the very person who pratically gave birth to wiping his snot off the nose, prancing about, saying "WATAH!". Nostalgia defiantely.

Ok rants over. Look forward to next week's episode of "Yuan's rants!". Brought to you by eBlogger, your one stop place for all things bloggy!

PS: Check out the new Singapore Unicyclist Blog to see some match reports of my latest match!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails