Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Unicycle Hocky or now seems a good time to buy shin guards

Went for my regular session of unicycle hocky yesterday night, and boy was it intense. I had more then one UPFD (unplanned flying dismounts) and once landed wrongly from one. Another time the pedals hit my shin. Since my pedals had these little knobs to help improve grip, it pretty much hurt. But it was still fun and invigorating.

Anyway, another thing cropped up. My team was losing and there was this team member that started sulking. Well she was a young girl, and you know how it is. Her father was trying to impart some of his life's knowledge to her, telling her that "It's not whether you win or lose, but whether you have fun". That got me thinking, making all those lazy brain cells work, and it seems it's kind of hard to have fun when you are losing...

Guess that's why most people use the term "It's not whether you win or lose but how you play the game." And that's the way I prefer it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails